Maruti will launch its first electric vehicle (EV) in the next financial year (FY24), and will roll out six EVs in the country by FY30, the automaker’s parent firm Suzuki said on Thursday.
Moreover, EVs, hybrid vehicles and internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles will constitute 15 per cent, 25 per cent and 60 per cent, respectively, of Maruti's total production by FY30, Suzuki stated in its global forecast.
"In India, we will launch the sport utility vehicle (SUV)-battery EV announced at the Auto Expo 2023 in FY24, with six models set to be launched by FY30. To provide a full range of products and services, Suzuki will provide battery EVs and carbon-neutral internal combustion engine vehicles that use CNG, biogas, and ethanol mixed fuels," Suzuki's forecast noted.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.