The Adani Group poses no "significant downside risk" to Indian banks, global broking and research firm CLSA said on Thursday, as reported by the Economic Times (ET). It said that the total exposure of Indian banks is less than 40 per cent of the group's total debt.
The consolidated debt of the group was pegged at Rs 2.1 trillion.
Within this 40 per cent, the exposure of private banks is below 10 per cent and lenders like ICICI Bank and Axis Bank have indicated that they have largely financed assets with strong cash flows, such as airports or ports.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.