The Adani Group plans to sue US-based investment research firm Hindenburg Research for a “malafide and mischievous” report published before the Indian firm’s Rs 20,000 crore follow on public offer (FPO) pulled down company shares on Wednesday.
“We are evaluating the relevant provisions under US and Indian laws for remedial and punitive action against Hindenburg Research,” the group said in a statement.
Responding to Adani Group’s statement, Hindenburg said it stands by its report, adding that it has a long list of documents it will demand in a legal discovery process.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.