Even as investment bankers back home were busy selling the Rs 20,000 crore follow-on public offer of Adani Enterprises on Tuesday, Gautam Adani, Chairman of the Adani group, took over Haifa Port in Israel in the presence of Israel Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.
Addressing a gathering of top politicians and Indian officials at the handover ceremony, Adani said the group has struck many critical partnerships in Israel that include Elbit Systems, Israel Weapon Systems, and Israel Innovation Authority. "We have initiated several dozen technology relationships wherein we have offered the entire Adani portfolio of companies to be a giant sandbox for us to learn together. We are also in the process of setting up an artificial intelligence lab in Tel Aviv which will work in close collaboration with our new AI labs in India and the US," Adani said. In July last year, the group announced the acquisition of Haifa Port with a local partner, Gadot, for $1.15
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.