The Aditya Birla Group will make investments in green energy, joining conglomerates like Tatas, Adani Group and Reliance Industries that have announced multi-billion dollar commitments.
Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman of Aditya Birla Group, said in a blog post his group companies are making investments in green energy, the circular economy and sustainable materials. “The pendulum of climate change will swing globally when we can find technology led solutions to marry the material aspirations of current generations with responsibility towards the lives of future generations. And nowhere is that truer than in rapidly emerging countries like India,” Birla said without elaborating on any investment figures in the green energy business.
The Tata group is investing Rs 77,000 crore in green energy and Reliance has announced Rs 75,000 crore in the next three years for the sector. The Adani Group has announced $70 billion for green energy in
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.