Air India has issued dos and don'ts for its cabin crew members on how to handle the passengers while serving alcohol.
"Service of alcoholic beverages must be carried out in a reasonable and safe manner. This includes tactfully refusing to (further) serve a guest alcohol," the airline added.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) had on January 20 fined Air India Rs 30 lakh for violating rules while handling an unruly incident on its New York-Delhi flight on November 26, when ex-Wells Fargo vice-president Shankar Mishra allegedly urinated on a female co-passenger.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.