Axis Bank on Monday reported a 62 per cent year-on-year jump in standalone net profit for October-December to Rs 5,853.07 crore as strong growth in net interest income bolstered the bottomline despite higher provisions.
On a sequential basis, the private sector bank’s net profit rose 10 per cent from Rs 5,329.77 crore in July-September.
As has been the case with most banks that have reported earnings so far, Axis Bank’s net interest income rose sharply in October-December, coming in at Rs 11,459 crore, up 32 per cent YoY and 11 per cent sequentially.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Axis Bank Q1 result today: A look at the numbers in the last four quarters
Axis Bank Q1 review: Why did shares fall 3.5% despite 91% surge in profit?
Axis Bank Q2 preview: Profit may rise over 40% YoY on low provisions
Axis Bank Q1 net profit jumps 91% to Rs 4,125 crore on firm NII growth
Axis Bank Q2 net profit rises 70% to Rs 5,329 crore; NII jumps 31%
Shoppers Stop Q3 profit jumps 24% to Rs 63 crore on festive demand
Gland Pharma Q3 net declines 15% to Rs 232 cr due to production delays
Jindal Stainless Q3 profit drops 32% to Rs 298.56 cr due to higher expenses
RattanIndia Power Q3 net loss widens to Rs 479 crore on higher expenses
Puravankara Q3 bookings rise 20% to Rs 796 cr on higher price realisation