- Covid has highlighted the need for adequate infrastructure and health care workforce, especially doctors and nurses
- High out-of-pocket expenditure on health
- Threat of resurgence of Covid can prevent foreigners coming to India resulted in hospitals suffering from revenue loss and lower profitability
- While the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna covers 500 million population, around 400 million is still uncovered
- Import of medical devices and equipment
- Providing technical access to care
- Incentivise creation of adequate infrastructure to deal with the triple disease burden
- Mandate PPP in other clinical procedures and hospitals
- Implement single window clearance
- A dedicated fund for healthcare start-ups
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.