Attorney General R Venkataramani told the Delhi High Court on Tuesday that if the Union government agrees to an interest-free subordinate debt on behalf of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to pay Reliance Infra, then the government of Delhi will follow suit.
In its last affidavit, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) told the court that it has requested the Centre and the state government Rs 3,565.64 crore each as interest-free subordinate debt towards payment of arbitral award in favour of Reliance Infrastructure-arm, Delhi Metro Express Private Limited (DAMEPL).
The Attorney General, representing the DMRC said the corporation appreciates the court for understanding its earnest attempt to gather funds towards the payment. He said the request for the subordinate debt might just work out.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.