India became the second largest sales market for global communications services provider Ericsson in the October-December quarter as the company secured large contracts to supply sophisticated 5G equipment.
India contributed 6 percent of net sales for the telecom network equipment maker, a share smaller than only the United States, which contributed 41 per cent, Ericsson said on Friday.
Japan saw the third largest market for sales at 4 pe rcent, followed by both China and the United Kingdom at 6 percent, the consolidated results of the company showed. India was the second largest market even for the full year (January-December 2022), contributing 4 per cent of net sales, same as China and Japan.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.