Viacom 18, which has the digital rights to the IPL 2023-27, is targeting a staggering 550 million viewers for the forthcoming tournament starting in March, say sources close to the company.
If it achieves the target, this will be the highest ever recorded for any event or tournament on the digital platform in India and among the highest in the world in terms of viewership in a single country.
Analysts say the record for the highest IPL viewership on the digital platform was in 2018 when it hit
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.