Private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank’s consolidated net profit jumped 17.4 per cent year-on-year (YoY) to Rs 3,995 crore in the October-December (Q3) quarter of FY23, compared to Rs 3,403 crore in the same period a year ago. On a standalone level, which represents the banking operations, the lender reported a 31 per cent jump in net profit in Q3FY23 to Rs 2,792 crore, beating street estimates. Analysts polled by Bloomberg had estimated a net profit of Rs 2,611 crore for the quarter. The rise in profit after tax (PAT) was aided by higher net interest income (NII) because of robust growth in advances.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.