Iconic scooter brand Chetak, which has been resurrected by Bajaj Auto in its electric avatar, will be sold in Europe by early 2024 by Pierer Mobility (the parent company of KTM).
Speaking on the sidelines of the one millionth KTM bike roll out from Bajaj Auto’s Chakan plant, Stefan Pierer, chief executive officer (CEO), Pierer Mobility, said he will take the Chetak to Europe in early 2024. “It’s a great product,” Pierer said.
He, however, added that component prices for electric batteries have gone up five-six times in the recent past. This is due to higher demand and government push to switch to electric mobility.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.