The net profit of PNB Housing Finance rose 43 per cent year-on-year (YoY) to Rs 269 crore during the third quarter (October-December) of FY23 on the back of improved margins and net interest income (NII).
In comparison, the housing finance company (HFC) had clocked a net profit of Rs 188 crore during the same quarter of FY22 and Rs 263 crore in July-September of FY23. On Tuesday, the HFC's stock went up 4.81 per cent to settle at Rs 556.60 on the BSE.
Total income during the October-December quarter was Rs 1,797 crore against Rs 1,496 crore a year ago, the lender said in an exchange filing.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.