In an exclusive interaction, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of METRO Cash & Carry Arvind Mediratta spoke to Nivedita Mookerji about what led to Reliance Retail acquiring the India business of German chain Metro AG in a Rs 2,800-crore deal in December, prospects and challenges in retail operations, and the consumer mood. Edited excerpts:
What is the transition like?
We are in the middle of the transition. The deal has not been completed yet. We are waiting for regulatory approvals. The deal should conclude by the end of this financial year.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.