Following other tech giants like Meta, Amazon and Microsoft, Swedish audio streaming and media services provider Spotify is also planning to lay off people and it may start as soon as this week, a report by Bloomberg said. The number of people to be laid off is, however, not specified.
This comes as most of the tech giants have been announcing massive job cuts to lower costs. On Friday, Google's parent Alphabet said that it would lay off 12,000 employees.
In October, Spotify laid off 38 people from its Gimlet Media and Parcast podcast studios. It has a total of 9,800 employees worldwide.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.