It will be a busy Republic Day weekend for airlines and travel companies with leisure travel fueling high demand across the network. MakeMyTrip, India’s largest online travel portal, expects higher air travel demand for Republic Day weekend compared to the new year eve weekend. “Goa, Kochi and Srinagar are the most booked leisure destinations while Patna, Guwahati and Lucknow have emerged as top tier-II and- III destinations. UAE, Thailand and Singapore rule the charts on the international front,” said Vipul Prakash, chief operating officer of MakeMyTrip.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.