The board of Vodafone Idea (Vi) on Tuesday approved the issue of optionally convertible debentures (OCDs) worth Rs 1,600 crore to ATC Telecom Infrastructure Private Limited after the latter waived a condition that was preventing its issuance.
The proposal was passed a second time as the previous shareholder resolution for the capital raise lapsed in December.
The issue of OCDs was conditional to the issue of 33 per cent equity to the government upon conversion of interest on adjusted gross revenue dues. However, since the equity issuance to the government is held up, the issue of OCD too got stuck.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Vodafone Idea gets board of directors' nod to raise Rs 1,600 cr from ATC
Vodafone Idea zooms 9% on heavy volumes, hits highest level since May
Banks unwilling to extend new credit to Voda Idea without promoter funding
Vodafone Idea's fundraising put on hold as govt delays equity call
Indus Towers accepts Vodafone Idea's payment plan for its dues
Delhi HC fixes Feb 13 for next hearing in DMRC-DAMEPL case, may pass order
Jindal Steel & Power net profit down 68 per cent to Rs 518.67 crore
Will keep investing in Israel: Gautam Adani after Haifa port takeover
How Snapdeal is creating focused brands to capture value e-commerce segment
Reliance Consumer enters biscuit segment, inks pact with Lanka's Maliban