Global investors must come to Andhra Pradesh for its business-friendly rules and logistics, said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy on Tuesday as he announced Visakhapatnam as the state’s new capital.
“Andhra Pradesh is an exciting geography—the fastest growing state with 11.43 per cent growth rate, with unparalleled offerings in terms of ease of doing business, where we have been consistently ranked first for three consecutive years in terms of stakeholder feedback, with a 974 km coastline, the state has a competitive logistics advantage of access to six ports, and there are four more that are coming up,” he said at the International Diplomatic Alliance Meet in Delhi.
He requested diplomats and industrialists to attend the Andhra Pradesh Global Investors Summit (GIS) in Visakhapatnam on March 3 and 4. "Here I am to invite you to Visakhapatnam which is going to be our capital, in the days to come. I
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.