Finland has invited Indian techies to migrate there for work, offering opportunities as global tech companies lay off thousands of employees.
Finland aims to double work-based migration and triple study-based migration by 2030. “We are happy to welcome talent from India to Finland. Finland offers career opportunities in a myriad of professions like IT, health tech, clean tech, hydrogen and battery industries, manufacturing, hospitality & tourism and health sector,” said Laura Lindeman, senior director, Work in Finland, a government-backed group.
Business Finland, a government organisation for innovation funding and trade, travel and investments, in December 2022 signed a memorandum of understanding with the Confederation of Indian Industry for talent mobility. Finland’s government wants to attract new talent and skilled workers to increase tax revenue and fight population decline.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.