With expectations of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raising rates at its April monetary policy committee (MPC) meeting, property developers foresee challenges of financial closure of their projects.
Analysts expect another 25-basis point (bp) repo rate hike at the MPC meeting in April, even as headline retail inflation in January jumped to a three-month high of 6.52 per cent.
For most developers, the cost of borrowing has gone up 100-150 bps in the past year.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.