As it opens up to global trade, India will have a unique place in the global economy, leading industrialist and chairman of Aditya Birla Group Kumar Mangalam Birla said in an annual note on Tuesday. He added that the world is welcoming India's rise.
"India's economic fortunes are critical for the world. But more interestingly, India's rise is being welcomed by the world as it grows into a stabilising and non-disruptive growth engine. The byline of India's G20 presidency captures its foundational values— One Earth. One Family. One Future. What we call Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam. The latent economic potential of this country is being coupled with a newfound civilisational confidence born of our emergence as a strong third global growth pole. The next two and a half decades undoubtedly represent an Amrit Kaal," he said.
Birla listed five trends that will have a multi-year impact on the world.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.