India has recorded 380 tiger deaths since 2020, as a state-backed conservation project is awaited to give reasons for the fatalities.
There were 127 deaths in 2021: the highest in a decade. There have been 26 deaths this year, shows data as of the second week of February. The deaths are higher than in the corresponding period in previous years. There were 18 deaths at the same time in 2022 and 21 in 2021.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.