India’s fertility rate declined to below the replacement rate, but Nepal’s and Bangladesh’s declined faster between 1990 and 2020. Replacement level is the level of fertility at which a population replaces itself exactly from one generation to the next. The United Nations’ (UN’s) prescribed fertility rate is 2.1 births per woman.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.