The Rajasthan government plans a circuit-based masterplan to strengthen the state’s tourism infrastructure, a senior department official has said.
The desert state attracts 20–25 million tourists each year because of its rich heritage, art, and culture.
The proposed masterplan will assess the infrastructure gaps in each circuit, which will help the government prepare for budgetary support.
The focus will be on cleanliness and hygiene at tourist destinations. The department plans to launch social awareness campaigns like Swachh Smarak as well as efforts to set up cleanliness standards at various monuments, wildlife parks, and other tourist places.
The department has also drawn a plan to make tourist sites friendly for the specially-abled.
“Physical infrastructure like walkways, ramps, elevators, and toilets, among other things, will be ensured at major tourist de
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.