Renowned architect Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi passed away at the age of 95 on Tuesday. He had been an urban planner and educator for the past 70 years.
Announcing the news of his death, Architectural Digest India wrote on Instagram, "India’s greatest architect, Balkrishna Doshi (26th August 1927-24th January 2023), has passed away at the age of 95."
"A master wielder of form and light, Doshi has left an indelible legacy. A loving husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, and a true inspiration to the people of this country," the post further read.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.