Big tech is bracing for dismal profits and a looming recession. Not surprisingly, tech majors of the world, like Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Amazon, have resorted to mass layoffs over the past few months. But US smartphone giant Apple has remained conspicuously out of the messy layoffs. How has Apple managed to do so?
Riding on the tide of layoff, tech majors have been downsizing their workforce in response to immediate losses as well as preparing for a long-term recession. Meanwhile, India is also preparing to face the havoc of El Niño, which is synonymous with the weak monsoon in India.
Business Standard has recently reported that rain patterns in India are also expected to get altered with the return of El Niño in 2023. This, in turn, will severely affect rainfall in the country and by extension, the Indian economy. What will be El Nino’s impact? What can India do to mitigate the adversity?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.