In an archetypal farm-to-fork story, the Uttar Pradesh vegetables are spicing up the Arabic food and cuisine in the faraway Gulf countries.
Boosting the state’s farm value chain, the export of vegetables from landlocked UP to the Arabic world is rising even as the government is now looking to tap the extensive European market as well.
According to the state government, about 160,000 tonnes of vegetables worth Rs 161 crore were exported via air route to the Gulf in 2021-22.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.