After a two-year hiatus, weddings are back with a bang in India. With the lockdown restrictions lifted, more and more Indians started looking for venues and vendors in 2022. According to data from the wedding technology platform WeddingWire India, the marriage search traffic was up 48.48 per cent in 2022 compared to 2021. But with the intent to marry rising, the average expenditure per wedding also rose in 2022. The data further showed that compared to Rs 21 lakh in 2021, the wedding expenditure was up 33.33 per cent in 2022 to 28 lakhs.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.