Establishment of a global biofuel alliance is a key policy objective for India as part of its G20 presidency. Union Petroleum Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has said New Delhi will formally launch a global alliance on biofuels with like-minded nations, before the G20 leaders’ summit is held in September, later this year.
At a time when the global energy policy landscape is being redrawn in the aftermath of the war in Ukraine, Business Standard takes a deep dive into India’s ambitious plans to set up a new international alliance.
What are biofuels?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.