With an aggregate sectoral value in excess of $450 billion, agriculture has continued to play an important role in fostering livelihoods and ensuring food and nutritional security in India.
The emerging trends in Indian agribusiness point at the shift in focus from a production-driven sector to market-driven factors.
While the agriculture growth and diversification story has been a result of a right mix of policy and processes pushed over a period of time, there a few bottlenecks which call for attention.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.