The finance ministry on Thursday exhorted public sector banks (PSBs) to achieve their financial inclusion targets allotted to them for 2022-23.
In a full day review meeting of heads of Public Sector Banks (PSBs) and financial institutions chaired by Department of Financial Services (DFS) secretary Vivek Joshi, discussions also took place regarding the amendments proposed in Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) with regard to reducing the delays in the processes relating to admission, resolution, National Company Law Tribunal’s (NCLT) approval and liquidation. Officials from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) also participated in the meeting.
During the meeting, progress of various social security (Jan Suraksha) schemes, including Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Atal Pension Yojana (APY), P
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.