Fresh formal job creation remained below one million for the second consecutive month in November, signalling pressure in the employment market, the latest payroll data released on Friday showed.
However, after falling for three consecutive months, fresh formal job creation rose 17 per cent sequentially in November, aided by the low base in October.
The number of new monthly subscribers under the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) scheme increased to 899,332 in November from 768,643 in October.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.