The stakeholders of the gaming industry recommended a self-declaration mechanism for registration and a graded approach to KYC in a meeting with the IT ministry on Tuesday, industry sources told Business Standard. "The industry largely stated that powers given to the self-regulatory body will lead to significant delays to the launch of new games," an official aware of the development said.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.