The upcoming Budget should keep the fiscal deficit under control, maintain stability in tax rates and the finance minister must address softer issues such as ease of doing business, Rajiv Memani, chairman and managing partner of EY India, said.
In an interview with Ruchika Chitravanshi, Memani said that there is a strong enabling environment for private sector investment. He also said that if India takes advantage of the China Plus One strategy, it could be the golden moment for its manufacturing sector. Excerpts:
How do you see the impending recession in the developed world impacting the Indian economy? And, what do you think we can expect from the Budget this year?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.