In today's heavily carbonised world, most buildings contribute to harmful emissions instead of environmental sustainability. While environmental sustainability is most commonly expected to come into practice from sustainable business practices, the building sector and infrastructure development also play a significant role in ensuring environmental sustainability. Akin to sustainable business practices, the concept of green building introduces the reduction in carbon emissions from buildings, either from their infrastructural designs or activities happening in the building.
Here, the term' green building' refers not only to plantation mechanisms in new buildings but also to energy-efficient practices while constructing a building. Nonetheless, the US Environmental Protection Agency or EPA defines green building as: "…the practice of creating structures and using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.