The relaxations sought by the life insurance industry on the Budget announcement of taxing high-value policies with premiums of Rs 5 lakh and above are currently under examination by the finance ministry.
Although deliberations are going on with the industry, no final decision has been taken on this matter, a senior finance ministry official said on Monday.
The Centre, in this year’s Budget, proposed to tax proceeds from high-value life insurance policies (non-unit linked plans).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.