Farmers in Uttar Pradesh have received more than Rs 20,000 crore over the past four months for their paddy and sugarcane produce.
With the UP sugarcane crushing and paddy procurement seasons underway, the total farm payments are expected to more than double at the end of the respective marketing cycles.
While sugarcane payments by private and government-owned mills are to the tune of over Rs 9,000 crore, the corresponding figure for paddy by government agencies, including Food Corporation of India (FCI), are close to Rs 11,000 crore so far.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.