The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways on Friday launched the national logistics portal–marine (NLP-M), which is a single-window platform aimed at bringing all trade stakeholders together and reducing the cost of logistics through real-time mapping and provisioning.
“NLP will be a single window for all trade processes of the logistics sector spread across the country covering all modes of transport in the waterways, roadways, and airways along with an E-marketplace to provide a seamless end-to-end logistic service coverage,” the ministry said.
The platform aims to minimise regulatory complexities by centralising all necessary documentation, compliance certifications, and formal procedures necessary for the EXIM trade. The commerce ministry had also launched a similar single window portal for establishing businesses in 2021.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.