A company receiving separate orders from the Adani group for inverter duty transformers and supervision services is liable to pay the goods and services tax (GST) on the entire project, ruled Gujarat Appellate Authority for advance rulings (AAAR).
While goods will constitute 70 per cent of the order and attract 12 per cent GST, services will constitute 30 per cent of the order drawing an 18 per cent rate.
In this connection, the appellate authority upheld the order of the state AAR.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.