The US is taking several measures, such as increasing the number of staff, to further facilitate the issuance of business visas in India, a senior US government official said on Tuesday.
“We have also made significant progress by issuing more H1B and L visas in 2022 than we did even in 2019 before the pandemic. This is a significant improvement. We are in the process of raising our staff,” Arun Venkataraman, US Assistant Secretary of Commerce for global markets, said.
“We are doubling the number of direct hires as we have to facilitate the issuance of visas here at the embassy. We are also working to bring diplomatic spouses to work in the process in the areas of visas,” Venkataraman said.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.