The order of the Delhi High Court on Monday directing Yash Raj Films, the makers of the movie Pathaan, to add audio descriptions and close captions for differently abled people, may get a wider following, according to film experts.
The court has asked for the additions to be made for the over-the-top (OTT) release of Pathaan, which is slated in April on Amazon Prime Video. The movie will release in theatres on January 25, marking the return of Shah Rukh Khan to the big screen after a gap of five years.
It is also the first big Bollywood release this calendar year.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.