Even as the watch-at-home habit persists - a habit that is tough to break and even tougher for movie studios to deal with - rumours of the death of movie theatres have been greatly exaggerated. As fears about public gatherings fade, 2023 for the Hindi film industry looks technicolour. Shah Rukh Khan (SRK)-starrer Pathaan is likely to rake in a first-day collection of Rs 50 crore, going by the feelers sent out by multiplex chains, film trade experts, and ticket-booking sites.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.