Indian private lender Axis Bank Ltd on Monday reported a 61.9% rise in quarterly profit, as strong loan growth boosted interest income.
Net profit rose to 58.53 billion Indian rupees ($719.53 million) in the three months ended Dec. 31 from 36.14 billion rupees a year earlier, Mumbai-based Axis Bank said in an exchange filing.
Analysts on average had expected the bank to report a profit of 54.43 billion rupees, according to Refinitiv IBES data.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Axis Bank Q2 preview: Profit may rise over 40% YoY on low provisions
Axis Bank Q1 review: Why did shares fall 3.5% despite 91% surge in profit?
Axis Bank Q1 result today: A look at the numbers in the last four quarters
Axis Bank Q1 net profit jumps 91% to Rs 4,125 crore on firm NII growth
Axis Bank Q2 net profit rises 70% to Rs 5,329 crore; NII jumps 31%
IDBI Bank posts record-high Q3 profit of Rs 927 crore on lower provisions
Canara Bank reports 92% rise in net profit in Q3FY23, NPAs fall to 5.89%
Punjab & Sind Bank upgrades its FY23 guidance for NIMs, credit costs
Govt may not announce capital infusion for PSU banks in Budget: Sources
Raise credit penetration in 112 aspirational dists, FinMin tells banks