Canara Bank on Monday reported a 92 per cent jump in its net profits in the third quarter of the current financial year (Q3FY23). The profits stood at Rs 2,881 crore, as compared to Rs 1,502 crore in the same quarter last year.
The gross non-performing assets (NPAs) of the company declined to 5.89 per cent in Q3FY23 from 6.37 per cent in Q2FY23. The net NPAs were down to 1.96 per cent from 2.19 per cent.
Total income increased to Rs 26,218 crore in the quarter from Rs 21,312 crore in the year-ago period, the state-owned bank said in a regulatory filing.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.