On Tuesday, India and Singapore launched a real-time linkage between their respective payment systems – Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and PayNow – to facilitate seamless cross-border payments.
The pact to link UPI and PayNow was signed back in September 2021 to enable users to make low-cost fund transfers between the two countries.
The linkage was kicked off by a live cross-border transaction between Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das and Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Managing Director Ravi Menon using mobile phones.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.