Japanese banks have received a go-ahead from their country's regulator to deal with the Clearing Corporation of India (CCIL) for settling all transactions, The Economic Times reported on Thursday. This move by the Japanese regulator may put pressure on a few overseas regulators, including the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), to soften their stand against India.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.