The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is likely to consider including loans taken up for the green hydrogen projects under priority sector lending, said a government official on the condition of anonymity.
The Department of Financial Services on Friday held a meeting, seeking suggestions for easing of financing provisions for the projects being taken up under the National Green Hydrogen Financing. Apart from finance ministry officials, the meeting was attended by officials from the RBI and renewable ministry and environment ministry.
“The discussions are also looking at aspects such as interest subvention scheme and subsidy for the sector,” he added.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.