China said more than 12,600 people died of Covid-related causes in the week leading up to the Lunar New Year holidays, with a health official saying about 80 per cent of the population was infected with the virus in the current outbreak. There were 12,658 Covid-linked deaths at hospitals between January 13-19, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention said in a statement dated Saturday.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.