Once the stuff of science fiction, lab-grown meat could become reality in some restaurants in the US this year.
Executives at cultivated meat firms are optimistic that meat grown in massive steel vats could be on the menu within months after a company won the go-ahead from a key regulator.
In a show of confidence, some of them have signed up high-end chefs to eventually showcase the meats in their high-end eateries.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.